Your Immune System Needs Support Too!
Our immune system is our custodian. It is hard to protect our body and systems against diseases, infections and harmful foreign bodies hence, the job of our custodian is to identify the disease-causing foreign bodies and send in the white blood cells to wipe out these creepy attackers and the tissues under attack.
Some Facts About Our Immune System
- We need germs for maintaining good health – Not all germs are filthy things. There are certain bacteria that our body need for maintaining good health. Like – Gut bacteria that helps in digesting food.
- Vaccinations work by exposing the human body to small infection of a disease – The first vaccine introduced was against smallpox. The vaccine produces antibodies to fight against smallpox.
- Healthy and content relationship boosts Immune system – Being happy in a relationship produces ‘feel good hormone’ like Endorphins, which helps in improving its disease-fighting ability.
- Some people may be born with little to no immunity – Bubble boy disease or Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) is a disease, which is usually a severe defect in both T- & B-lymphocyte systems.
- Sleep deprivation suppresses the fighting capabilities of the Immune system hence, weakening it.
- Working out can make the human body more vulnerable to diseases and infections hence, it is important to maintain proper hygiene at the gym. Exercising release hormones adrenaline and cortisol, hence weakening the immunity. During this phase, the body becomes more vulnerable to diseases and infections.
- Eating a balanced diet full of fruits and vegetables is a sure shot way to achieve highly efficient immune system.
The increasing levels of toxins in and around our body are making the task of our immune system quite challenging. Thus, needing our helping hand in maintaining its health, so it can do its job of keeping us healthy effectively.
Written by: H. Kaur
Edited by: J. Dias