As we celebrate the fourth International Yoga Day, let’s acquaint ourselves with the essence of Yoga in life, benefits and popularity.
Yoga is not only a form of exercise or physical activity, it is a discipline, a kind of lifestyle. It is not just for the body but for the mind and soul as well. One adopts specific body postures for health and relaxation. It is like meditation. One is feeding one’s body with the activities at the right pace. Yoga also cures ailments, disabilities and chronic pain like posterior neck pain
Leading health expert and dietician Rujuta Diwekar said, “ It teaches you to use your body as a tool to train your mind. It is a much-needed reality check for those who can’t seem to think beyond weight loss or are just plain scared of ageing. Yoga encourages you to accept your body with all its limitations and gently allows you to overcome them.”
Types of Yoga
- Hatha Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Iyenger Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Bikram Yoga
- Aerial Yoga
Why Yoga leads to a Life ?
- Yoga is one of India’s best export to the world and also a multi-million industry. It rejuvenates skin, mind and soul.
- It cures anxiety, depression, inflammation and all types of negative thoughts.
- Yoga also improves the body’s flexibility, builds the body’s strength and protects the spine.
- It not only helps you focus but also makes you happier by increasing your self esteem and outlook towards life.
- Yoga increases blood flow, lowers blood sugar level and maintains the nervous system of our body.
- Moreover, it boosts our immunity system and increases our life span. Thus it makes our life longer and better.
Written by: A. Kumar